Fossoway and District Community Council - 4th May 2021
May 2021
Fossoway and District Community Council - 4th May 2021
Proceedings of the Virtual Meeting of
Fossoway and District Community Council
4th May 2021
As it is still not possible to hold physical meetings of the CC we are continuing to publish this description of what was discussed in our Virtual meeting, including any updates that we are aware of. Members of the Public are encouraged to comment on and question the items below, by email to fossoway.cc@gmail.com or via the CC’s Facebook page, which we will answer in our next meeting, be it virtual or physical, on Tuesday 8th June 2021.
Contributing: Community Councillors Sarah Bruce-Jones, Angus Cheape, Trudy Duffy, Carol Farquhar, Carole Haigh, Michael Haigh, Nicola Marchant and Graham Pye; P&K Councillors Michael Barnacle and Callum Purves.
Apologies: P&K Councillors Willie Robertson and Richard Watters.
In Attendance: Paul Cargill (Perthshire Advertiser) and PC Ashley Mitchinson.
Declarations of Interest: None.
Police report: There were no incidents to note in our area since the last CC Meeting from the Commander’s Reports received via Perth and Kinross Community Watch. PC Ashley Mitchinson attended the meeting and gave this update: On the 10th April a person was reported selling TVs out of a van in Alloa, if anyone sees this again, please pass on any more details to the Police. There have also been several reports of bogus tradesmen – be aware! On 21st April sheep escaped onto the road in Glen Devon. On the 3rd May 400 litres of fuel were stolen. There were 15 traffic related incidents in our area, some speeding, etc. and vandalism to a vehicle in Blairingone was reported.
CCllr Duffy asked about the fire at Crook Moss – derelict caravans were set alight causing acrid smoke – were the Police aware? Yes, but PC Mitchinson didn’t know it was at the Travellers’ Site, she will investigate, including contacting the Fire Service, and get back to us. CCllr Bruce-Jones said that several fire engines were called and it took a long time to bring the fire under control, and it was close to the main road. Cllr Barnacle noted that we would like to know if the fire was accidental or deliberate.
Cllr Barnacle added that there is damage to an adjacent fence with rubbish on another landowner’s ground. PC Mitchinson asked if there was anything else to be looked into – Cllr Barnacle replied that there was a meeting earlier in the year at which the Police were present, so information should be available. CCllr Farquhar reported that she is trying to improve relationships with the residents of the site – she has met with two of the residents who were happy to talk to her, and she complimented them on the development of their sites which are very well maintained, unfortunately some of the other areas are not!
Cllr Bruce-Jones noted that because unmarked white vans are being used by courier companies, people think that they might be suspicious, and sometimes they are, but not always! It is good for people to be aware. CClr M Haigh has seen reports that Amazon is asking the drivers to meet unrealistic schedules resulting in them speeding – is this a problem here? PC Mitchinson said it wasn’t as far as she knew.
Minutes of the previous meeting: The minutes of the March 2020 meeting (the last face to face meeting) will be signed off once normal meetings resume. Any significant decisions made during the virtual meetings held since then will be brought to the next physical meeting to be formally recorded and ratified.
Return to Physical CC Meetings: There was some discussion about when this might be possible. CCllr Bruce-Jones suggested that August would be the most likely first date and we should initially use Crook of Devon Village Hall as it’s bigger so will make social distancing easier. However it’s important that the Hall Committees are happy with their own risk assessments that will let us attend. Cllr Barnacle suggested that PKC will likely publish guidelines for CCs. CCllr Bruce-Jones will contact the Halls and provisionally book Crook of Devon in August and September and then move to a rotating location between Crook of Devon, Carnbo and Powmill.
Matters Arising
Bank of Scotland Kinross Branch Closure: CCllr Marchant visited the mobile bank this morning and met a number of customers as well as staff members. Customers missed having the convenience of a local Bank and were sometimes frustrated at the length of time they had to wait. Their main banking purpose was paying bills and bank transfers with some withdrawal of cash. Staff members agreed with this and stated that some customers did have online banking but were worried about scams and did not like using it to transfer large amounts of money or pay bills.
CCllr M Haigh asked if the Mobile Bank was secure. There is a professional security person present. CCllr Bruce Jones asked if there was any progress on the Banking Hub idea – It’s still early days for trials but CCllr Marchant and Cllr Purvis are closely watching progress.
A977 Mitigation: Cllr Barnacle had written to PKC’s Roads Department reminding them that the budget for the works has been available for a considerable time but not very much has been done yet – he’s also concerned that there is insufficient budget to cover all the proposed schemes.
Fossoway Area Transport/DRT: Cllr Barnacle hopes that the next meeting will be on 27th May.
Community Development Trust: The next meeting will be on 5th May.
Fossoway and District Community Council Benefit Fund (a.k.a. Hydro Scheme Fund): CCllr Duffy reminded everyone that the fund is open for applications.
Rumbling Bridge Gorge Bridge: Nick Mainprize, the new TRACKS Project Officer has sent the invoice for the flood survey, which will be paid shortly.
Crook Moss Travellers Site: Discussed under Police report above. Cllr Barnacle stressed that there is a misconception that the residents have received their water and sewage connections without charge, but this is not true, they have in fact contributed to the cost.
Planning Officer Site Visits: Cllr Barnacle is going to write to David Rennie about various enforcement issues and stress that he doesn’t understand why solo site visits are not allowed due to Covid restrictions.
Aldie Road Vegetation: Cllr Barnacle reported that the ditch clearance will be redone properly.
Fossoway Gathering: CCllr Duffy said that there is still a provisional plan for an event on 4th September – There is now a JustGiving page for donations at: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/fossowaygathering. Cllr Barnacle asked if there was a Covid mitigation plan? CCllr Duffy replied that one was in preparation by a recently retired expert.
Drummond Park Fire Hydrant: CCllr C Haigh had been unable to contact the Fire Service as yet.
Blairingone War Memorial: Cllr Barnacle has forwarded the list of masons provided by Cllr Robertson to Profile Projects. Meanwhile Cllr Barnacle has recently discovered that Planning are now objecting to the movement – he is investigating.
Ivy Cottage Powmill: There is to be an online meeting on the 5th May with the American owners – hopefully this will move things forward.
Matters Arising with no update since last meeting:
Powmill in Bloom, Crook & Drum Growing Together, Crook of Devon Skate Park, Devonshaw Whinstone Quarry, and Cemetery Car Park Extension: No information at present.
New Business: None this month.
Community Council Business:
Minutes Secretary: Another request for a volunteer has been posted on FB, but no response as yet. CCllr Duffy asked Cllrs Purves and Barnacle if there is any additional budget available to pay a secretary – Cllr Purves says not. CCllr Bruce-Jones asked if the increased role of CCs in the Kinross Forum would mean that there would be budget for this sort of thing. Cllr Purves said that it depends on how the forum develops. CCllr Marchant asked if the Forum’s Clerk could have secretarial support for CCs in their job description. Cllr Barnacle said that he thinks that there should generally be more money in the Council’s budget for CCs. Cllrs Duffy and Pye will write to PKC asking for their suggestions on obtaining secretarial support. Cllr Purves noted that one of the problems is that the Council doesn’t appreciate the value of CCs as the bedrock of local representation.
If the next meeting of this CC is virtual, as currently expected, we will be offering online attendance by members of the public. Anyone interested in “attending” should email the CC at fossoway.cc@gmail.com for details
P&K Councillors’ Reports:
Michael Barnacle: Has been advised that a minimum of 20 members are needed for the Development Trust. There appear to be some concerns about the Kinross Forum being developed too quickly.
Callum Purves: Supports Cllr Barnacle’s view about the Forum and added that it’s important for it to be more than a talking shop and have some proper power to decide about things.
Planning:
New Applications:
21/00290/FLL Change of use of open space to form extension to garden ground at Land 20 metres north of
Drumgarland, Crook of Devon. No CC Comment.
21/00428/FLL Erection of dwelling house at Land 40 metres south of Craighead Bungalow, Drum. No CC Comment.
Decided Applications:
21/00176/FLL Part change of use and alterations to stables to form events venue and installation of air source heat pump at Fossoway Stables, Fossoway, Kinross KY13 0UP. The application was refused as contrary to the Development Plan, the CC had not commented.
21/00211/FLL Change of use of stable building to form a cattery at Powmill Cottage, Rumbling Bridge, Kinross KY13 0QG. The application was approved, the CC had not commented.
19/01539/FLL Erection of four dwelling houses at Land 30 metres south of Easter Muirhead Bothy, Blairingone. The application was approved, the CC had objected.
21/00001/FLL S42 application to delete condition 6 (access upgrade) of permission 20/01319/FLL at Land 180 metres south west of Powmill Cottage, Rumbling Bridge. The application was refused, the CC had objected.
21/00189/FLL Siting of four caravans for holiday accommodation use, formation of parking area, landscaping and associated works at Land 70 metres south east of Coup Steps, Powmill. The application was refused as it was outside the settlement boundary, does not diversify an existing business, has no business plan and other reasons; The CC had made a neutral comment.
Enforcement Issues:
20/00809/FLL Craigton Farm Lane There is a static caravan on this site. Although it is permissible to site a caravan for use during building works, there does not appear to be any current activity. PKC have opened Enforcement Case 21/00074/UNAUSE to investigate. PKC later replied that a Building Warrant has recently been applied for, so work may be about to commence. The CC will continue to monitor the site.
Correspondence: Dave Stubbs, PKC Greenspace, had emailed the CC about the Blairingone play area to explain that as it is on private land it can’t be updated by PKC other than to make it safe. Mr Stubbs asked for local knowledge of possible alternative locations. Cllr Barnacle said that as there is no plan for development in Blairingone this isn’t going to be replaced. Blairingone School has not yet been marketed – PKC would give the CDT priority to lease or purchase – might that be a solution?
If the correspondence list is not attached to this document, it can be found on the CC’s FB Page.
Should anyone wish to see any items please contact the CC by email and a copy can be provided.
AOCB: CCllr Bruce Jones’s company will donate a bench to the Trail, but they would not be allowed to install it as it’s on public ground.
Draft Agenda for Next CC Meeting:
Declarations of Interest, Community Policing, Minutes of last meeting. Matters arising: Bank of Scotland Branch Closure, A977 Mitigation, Fossoway Area Transport, Community Development Trust, Crook Moss Site, Gorge Bridge, Crook & Drum Growing Together. PKC Councillors’ Reports, Planning, Correspondence, AOCB
Members of public wishing to join please email the CC at fossoway.cc@gmail.com
**
Correspondence April 2021**
| Date | From | Subject |
|---|---|---|
| 06/04/21 | Brian Rapley, We are Hour Glass | Community Hub information (Formerly Elder Abuse Scotland) |
| 08/04/21 | Cllr Barnacle | A977 Mitigation Measures & Unadopted Roads Correspondence |
| 08/04/21 | Stuart D’All PKC | Response to Cllr Barnacle |
| 08/04/21 | Cllr Barnacle | Planning enforcement Issues |
| 08/04/21 | Nick Mainprize TRACKS | Hydraulic Modelling |
| 09/04/21 | Nick Mainprize TRACKS | Correction to address Hydraulic Modelling |
| 09/04/21 | Sam OConnor | SSEN Resilient Communities Fund 2021 Applications open |
| 09/04/21 | Cllr Purves | Minutes Kinross Forum |
| 12/04/21 | Fiona Angus | Kinross & Glenfarg Stronger Communities Meeting date 20 April |
| 14/04/21 | Police Scotland | Commanders Bulletin |
| 19/04/21 | Fiona Angus | Kinross & Glenfarg Stronger Communities Meeting date 20 April |
| 21/04/21 | Police Scotland | Commanders Bulletin |
| 22/04/21 | Fiona Angus | Kinross & Glenfarg Stronger Communities Meeting Minutes |
| 23/04/21 | Fiona Roebuck | Coulshill Woodland Creation Proposal |
| 26/04/21 | Fiona Roebuck | Coulshill Woodland Creation Proposal contact information |
| 26/04/21 | Foundation Scotland | April Newsletter |
| 28/04/21 | Police Scotland | Commanders Bulletin |
| 28/04/21 | John Williamson PKC | Response to Cllr Marchant Correspondence relating to Static Caravan Craigton Farm Lane |
| 29/04/21 | Calor | Calor Rural Communities Fund |
| 29/04/21 | Dave Stubbs PKC Greenspace | Blairingone Playground – unsafe looking for local knowledge |
| 30/04/21 | Alice Yeing TES | Invitation to comment on consultation on planning guidance on ancillary & annex accommodation |
| 02/05/21 | PC Ashley Mitchison | Advising that they will be attending CC meeting |
| 03/05/21 | John Williamson | Further correspondence with Cllr Marchant in relation to planning 21/00074/UNAUSE |
| 03/05/21 | Paul Cargill | Perthshire advertiser - request to attend |
| 04/05/21 | Foundation Scotland | Newsletter |