Community Council Meeting - June 2026

June 2026

FDCC Public Meeting Tuesday, 2nd June 2026, 7:30 pm -- Moubray Hall, Powmill

Note on Recording - The recording of each public meeting was adopted with effect from 3rd February 2026 as standard practice. GDPR will be adhered to. The recording will be securely deleted once the minutes are finalised.

Apologies: FDCCllr Anya Bacon; Gary Whittington; Community Police Officer, Ben Samson

Attendees: FDCCllr Graham Pye; Mark O'Bryen; Angus Cheape; FDACCllr Hugh Wallace; Cllr Dave Cuthbert; Neil Freshwater; Richard Watters; 14 MoP

1 Community Police Report

1.1 Update from Police Scotland -- report provided in absence of any representative\ Summary of Community Policing Report -- June 2026

  • From 5th May 2026 (last report) there have been approximately 32 calls to Police from the Fossoway area, and 4 crimes recorded on Police systems (3 for road traffic offences).
  • The 3 road traffic offences are:
  • On 8th May -- driver issued with a ticket for driving whilst using a mobile phone (Powmill)
  • On 31st May - driver issued with a ticket for careless driving (Drum) -- relating to a failure to comply with automatic traffic lights and colliding and damaging another vehicle
  • On 1st June -- incident reported to the Procurator Fiscal -- for speeding at 58mph in a 30mph zone (Carnbo)
  • The community is reminded to report any incidents of concern by email to TaysideCommunityPolicePerthandKinross@scotland.police.uk, OR phone 101

2 Approval of Minutes of the Last Meeting

2.1 Minutes of the meeting held on 7th April 2026

a. Approved by FDCCllr O'Bryen and seconded by FDCCllr Cheape

2.2 Minutes of the meeting held on 5th May 2026

a. Approved by FDCCllr Pye and seconded by FDCCllr O'Bryen

b. MoP requested that the minutes be placed online as well as published in the Fossoway Newsletter -- FDCC will seek to take forward this action -- FDCCllr Pye noted that the administration of the FDCC website does not sit within the FDCC.

3 Progress and Matters Arising

3.1 Updated list of actions will be issued with this meeting minute.

3.2 Abandoned vehicles in Moubray hall carpark

a. action is underway to remove the abandoned vehicle -- Cllr Cuthbert was thanked for his intervention.

b. MoP noted that two cars are routinely parked in the Moubray hall carpark by residents of neighbouring properties.

3.3 Sustainability Group meetings x2 during May. FDCCllr Mark O'Bryen & Anya Bacon will share the FDCC remit for this group.

a. FDCCllr O'Bryen attended the meeting on 27th May and provided a brief summary. He explained that the group brings together representatives from several community councils affected by proposed renewable energy developments and provides a forum for discussion with developers. Key points reported were:

  • Construction anticipated to begin between 2032 and 2035
  • Project Investment of £65M rising to £80M over a ten-year period.
  • Access may require modification to three road corners.
  • Construction anticipated to take be 18 months, (inclusive of three months of large delivery vehicle movements).
  • Community benefit funding was discussed, including on the \"9CC\" model, representatives from the Ayrshire \"9CC\" group may attend a future meeting.
  • Legal and governance for managing future community benefit will be required.
  • Representatives of ESB Power have also attended the Sustainability Group meetings.Bottom of Form

3.4 LPD3 -- The Chair provided a summary of the Local Development Plan 3 (LDP3) community engagement event held on 16th May 2026 at Crook of Devon Village Hall.

  • The event was well attended, with 59 households represented. Significant community interest was demonstrated, particularly from residents of Crook of Devon and Drum. Key concerns raised included flooding and drainage, wastewater capacity, road safety, pressure on local infrastructure and services, loss of rural character, and the development of productive agricultural land.
  • Members discussed the feedback received and noted concerns regarding the accuracy of some flooding information presented within the consultation material.
  • Actions agreed:

    1. Submit the detailed community feedback and summary report to Perth & Kinross Council.
    2. Request further consideration of flooding and drainage assessments, infrastructure capacity, transport and road safety impacts, healthcare and education provision, and protection of agricultural land.
    3. Encourage continued engagement between Perth & Kinross Council and local communities throughout the LDP3 process.

3.5 Abandoned vehicle at Crook Moss

a. Plan for removal discussed between landowner and MoP at the meeting -- imminent action to remove the vehicle anticipated.

3.6 Refuse dumped at Crook Moss

a. Cllr Cuthbert noted the number of agencies involved in the plan to co-ordinate the removal of waste materials dumped along the fence line of the travellers' site. The community urged expediency of a resolution.

4 New Business - None

5. Consultations

5.1 Calming measures suggested by PKC for Crook of Devon, Powmill, and Blairingone.

a. Members welcomed the fact that measures were being considered to address longstanding speeding concerns on the A977 but emphasised the importance of selecting the most appropriate interventions. Comments raised included:

  • Support for gateway features at village entrances to provide a clear visual indication that drivers are entering a lower speed environment.
  • Concerns that full-width road humps could increase traffic noise due to vehicles braking, accelerating and travelling over the features. Placement of these humps is of interest to residents.
  • Recognition that speed cushions may generate less noise and allow larger vehicles to straddle them -- potentially negating their purpose.
  • The need to consider the experience of other communities where similar measures have been introduced and amended.
  • The importance of assessing potential impacts on road users during winter conditions and considering the effect on heavy vehicle movements.

Action agreed: The Chair to prepare and submit FDCC\'s response to Perth & Kinross Council, taking account of the comments raised and seeking further information from communities with experience of similar traffic calming schemes.

5.2 FDCC received notification of an informal consultation regarding proposals to introduce a 40mph speed limit on the A977, on the north approach to Blairingone. The proposal was generally welcomed. Action agreed: FDCC to submit a response to PKC supporting the principle of the proposed speed limit extension, subject to clarification of the proposed changes.

6. Community Council Business

6.1 Partnership working with the Fossoway Development Trust -- The FDT is hosting a drop in event on 14th June -- Crook of Devon Hall from 2pm -- 4pm, to review the progress on its 5-year community action plan. FDCCllrs will attend to support the event.

7. PKC Business - Councillors' reports

  • Recycling facilities in Powmill -- ongoing discussions continue regarding the relocation of recycling facilities following their removal. Alternative locations are being explored.
  • Roads maintenance -- concerns continue regarding the condition of sections of the A977 and the quality of some recent resurfacing works. Residents were encouraged to report defects through the appropriate council channels.
  • Flood Resilience Grant Scheme -- a new scheme has been launched offering grants of up to £5,000 to eligible property owners in flood-risk areas to support the installation of flood resilience measures.
  • Mid-Market Rental Housing -- Perth & Kinross Council is progressing proposals to establish a mid-market rental housing model, providing additional affordable housing options and allowing local housing needs to be considered when allocating properties.
  • Rumbling Bridge Gorge -- £50,000 has been allocated towards the development of a management plan for the Gorge area, with further details to be confirmed regarding delivery and future improvement works.

Members welcomed the updates and discussed opportunities for continued engagement on these matters.

8 Planning Matters

8.1 Planning applications --

On-going

25/01468/FLL - Erection of children\'s play area (for a temporary period), formation of 36 car parking spaces, 4 EV chargers and bicycle rack and associated works. At Seamab School, Rumbling Bridge. Attempts by FDCC & Cllr Cuthbert to understand the delay on the outcome of this application have been unsuccessful.

New

26/00544/FLL -- Erection of ancillary building at Fairfields, Powmill, Dollar, FK14 7NH, for Mr Scott Marshall. Application relates to the construction of an ancillary building within the large house plot to form a new golf simulator room, adjacent to existing large shed/workshop and in the area of the previous stable building. Agreed No Comment will be lodged.

8.2 Planning decisions -- None to report

9. AOCB (Any Other Competent Business)

9.1 Green Knowes Windfarm Repowering -- Public Information Events, 11th June 15:30 -- 20:00 in the Aytoun Hall, Auchterarder; 12th June 13:30 -- 20:00 in the Muckhart, Coronation Hall.

Scoping Submission -- ECU00006364. Proposition is to develop the current site located northwest of Glendevon, to replace the 18 x 111 metres (blade tip height) turbines that generate 27 megawatts of power across the site, with approximately 14 turbines with 200 metres (blade tip height) that are estimated to have capacity to generate upto 3 times the power. Members noted general concern over the impacts the proposal might have on communities neighboring proposal.

9.2 Seamab School

a. Concern was raised over the level of dust from the access road and on-going development works. Residents were urged to write to the Seamab management team to raise their concerns.

b. Concern was noted that the letter of concern sent to MSP Fairlie has not been responded to. FDCC to request a reply be issued.

c. The CC reiterated the offer from Seamab School for residents to communicate any concerns in writing and these will be tabled at their monthly management meetings, and replied to, by the Seamab management team, in writing.

10. Date, Time and Venue of Next Meeting -- 4th August 2026 Crook of Devon Hall 19:30 -- 21:00 [no meeting in July]

Action List

Ref Action Owner(s) Status
A1.1 Travelers' Site, Crook of Devon - coordinate removal of abandoned vehicle Angus Urgent
A1.2 Travelers' Site, Crook of Devon - liaise with PKC on waste/pollution cleanup Angus Ongoing
A7 Follow-up with Kinross High School on student partnership project Karen Ongoing
A10 Can the FDCC minutes be published online - Facebook page or similar Anya Open
A11 Submit LPD3 response to PKC Karen Open
A12.1 Prepare and submit a response to PKC on the calming measures proposed for Crook of Devon, Powmill & Blairingone Karen Open
A12.2 Prepare and submit a response to PKC on the 40mph speed reduction from 60mph on the approach road to Blairingone Karen Open
A13 Consult with Muckhart on calming measures in the village Volunteer Open
A14 FDCC volunteers requested to support the Fossoway Development Trust drop-in event on the review of the 5-year CAP on 14 June - Crook of Devon Hall between 2pm - 4pm All Open
A15 FDCC to respond to Green Knowes highlighting concerns regarding potential impacts on the Fossoway area and requesting the local community interests are taken into consideration throughout the consultation process. Volunteer Open
A16 FDCC to send a letter to MSP Fairlie requesting a reply to the last resident's letter of concern over the development works at Seamab School Karen Open

For more news please see our News section.



Fossoway & District Community Council

Search this site

Type at least 2 characters to search.

Find pages and information on this website.